we welcome and love new contributions from our growing community.
Here is what you need to know:
- Word count: Typically run between 350 and 800 words. Please stay under 800 words.
- Tone: Inclusive, accessible and generally positive. Take a look around and see what we’ve previously posted.
- Original Content: We ask that posts submitted be unique and original to WelcomeEarth.tv We do not accept posts that have already been published or submitted elsewhere online (not even on your personal blog) or that you plan to distribute to other websites.
- We are not interested in SEO-driven submissions: If you work for a content farm or are writing articles for the sole purpose of linking up keywords in an effort to boost SEO or to plug a product or brand name in a post, we are not interested. If your submission or bio references or promotes a business or service that is not in line with our philosophy (e.g. a weight-loss gimmick), then we are not interested.
- Bio and promotion: Since we do not compensate contributors for posts, we’re more than happy to include a byline and your brief bio containing links to your website, Facebook and instagram, which we will promote when your post goes live. Please keep your bio to just 4-5 sentences. WelcomeEarth.tv is a great resource to promote what you’re doing and some of our contributors have leveraged their posts into book deals and other awesome wellness-focused gigs and careers.
- Health claims: If you mention a statistic or a study in your piece, please include a link to that source. If you’re claiming that a certain food is healthy, tell us how you know. Ideally you’d link to peer-reviewed scientific papers, academic journals, and/or credible news outlets. This way, readers can follow your line of thinking and investigate further if they want to know more.
- We love connecting with new contributors. While we cover an insane amount of ground, WelcomeEarth.tv consists of just a few people. As such, sometimes we don’t have the opportunity to respond to all submissions. We can assure you, however, that we carefully read every single submission that we receive. If your post has been accepted, we will respond within 14 days. If your post has not run within two weeks of submission, we have passed.
- Please only submit one post at a time: You’re welcome to submit again with a different post after you’ve waited 14 days.
- By submitting to WelcomeEarth.tv you acknowledge that you accept our terms, and any form of editing that might occur on behalf of the WelcomeEarth.tv editorial team.
- Click through below to find out more about our submission process, including contact information for submissions.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR IN SUBMISSIONS
- We love posts that help our readers grow and feel inspired. While there aren’t strict guidelines about the type of posts we feature, we find that recipes, advice pieces, and personal essays about a major transformation do well. Advice pieces typically provide tips to improve health, happiness, relationships, communication, nutrition and all the topics which fit into the Garden Of Buddha channel & the Meditation channel.
- Photos: All contributors are encouraged to submit photos with their posts. These should be at least 850 pixels wide by 400 pixels tall (bigger in either direction, or both, is fine). We love photos that are shot outdoors, in natural light, and ideally with as few distractions in the background as possible.
- What we look for in recipes: When submitting a recipe, please be sure to include an original, high-quality photo of your prepared dish. Please include serving size, ingredients (including measurements), clear directions on how to prepare the recipe, as well as an introductory paragraph explaining how you like to serve the dish or why this recipe has become one of your favorites.
- Photo guidelines: In an effort to keep our photos consistent in style, please keep in mind the following when submitting:
- Photos work best on our website in landscape format.
- We prefer photos taken in natural daylight.
- Neutral dishes and backgrounds work best.
- Photos should be taken on a clean, natural surface such as white marble, white, light grey or natural wood or just a clean white surface. Linen and slate are also nice.
- We are looking for the food photos to exude the beauty of good, real, whole foods — the food should be the star with minimal, simple props, when necessary, to enhance the image. (For example, a slice of lemon or herbs on the side could work nicely if the recipe calls for it or an appropriately placed spoon, etc.)
- Close-up shots are often not as nice as giving the dish a little space to breathe and come alive.
WHY WRITE FOR WELCOMEEARTH.tv
Here are a few reasons why you should share your ideas to like minded people who share the desire to enhance there consciousness to live a fulfilled healthy happy life.
1. You’ll change lives.
Our community is passionate about the exploration, discovery and growth of our minds, body and soul, as well the world we live in.
2. You’ll reach our audience.
Once your piece has been accepted for publication, we’ll do our part to make sure it reaches as many people as possible. In addition to posting your work on our home page, we share most posts on Facebook & Instagram. Published pieces will also live in our library.
3. You’ll set your own schedule.
You can contribute a post when you like. Which means: no deadlines, except the ones you create for yourself!
QUESTIONS TO ASK YOURSELF BEFORE SUBMITTING TO WELCOMEEARTH.tv
–Is my piece inspiring, informative, and/or educational?
Posts featured on WelcomeEarth.tv are positive and informative. If your piece is snarky, or sarcastic, or not does not fit into any of the subcategories of the respected channels than it’s probably not for us.
–What’s a great title?
Remember: our readers are busy. A good title has the potential to grab their attention and make them want to read your piece. If you’re stuck trying to create one, ask yourself: What problem does my article solve? How will reading this article make someone’s life better? How would I explain this to a friend?
–Is my first paragraph succinct?
You only get one chance to make a first impression! Does your introductory sentence make the reader want to continue? Does your first paragraph tell the reader very clearly and succinctly what the article will be about?
–Am I offering actionable tips?
Many readers come to WelcomeEarth.tv to gain insightful wisdom, solutions to health issues or sharpen there awareness to become mindful through meditation and other spiritual practices A great piece will provide tips that they can implement easily. Here’s an example of a tip that’s actionable: Inhale, count to ten, then exhale as you count to ten again. Notice how clear and precise that is? The reader knows exactly what to do. Here’s an example of a murkier tip: Let go. Okay, sure. But how? (See the difference?)
TIPS TO WRITE A GREAT POST
Here are few pointers to keep in mind when writing for WelcomeEarth.tv
1. Write in your own voice.
A great post will sound like a real person wrote it, and it will have a distinctive voice. If you’re not sure what “voice” means in this context, think about it this way: how would you explain your idea to a good friend? Use that conversational tone when you write!
2. Keep it short.
These don’t need to be long posts! Just 700 words is great! If you’re going to offer tips, include a short introductory paragraph at the top of your post explaining why you’re offering this advice. Are you an expert on the topic? Did you struggle to understand the issue and want to share your knowledge?
3. Delete needless words.
Sometimes people use several words when just one will do the trick. We recommend taking one look at your piece to make sure you’re only including words that are absolutely necessary.
4. Use an authoritative voice.
It’s understood that WelcomeEarth.tv posts are the opinion of the author. As the writer, you’re the expert on your own opinion! For this reason, you don’t need to use phrases like, “in my opinion,” or “I believe,” which detract from the idea you’re trying to convey.
5. Stick to plain English!
6. If it’s a recipe, include an amazing photo.
Remember: people eat with their eyes, and an enticing photo of a dish can get people excited to try your recipe. While our editors can usually provide images for pieces, they can’t always do this for recipes, which include specific combinations of ingredients. If you’re sending a recipe, it will help your piece to include a gorgeous, professional-quality photo of your creation.
7. Show us your sources. (We can’t emphasize this enough!)
If you mention a statistic or a study in your piece, please include a link to that source. If you’re claiming that a certain food is healthy, tell us how you know. Ideally you’d link to peer-reviewed scientific papers, academic journals, and/or credible news outlets. This way, readers can follow your line of thinking and investigate further if they want to know more.
The more honest and vulnerable you can be about your struggles and victories, the more readers will be inspired by and empathetic to your story!
Please email us the following if you’re ready to submit:
- Your full post with a working title. Please send this within the body of an email.
- Any relevant images for your post. (Please send as separate files, not pasted within a doc). Please only send images that you own.
- Your brief bio (less than 200 words) with links to your website, Facebook & Instagram pages.
- Please DO NOT hyperlink ever.
- A headshot or photo of you to use for your bio.
Please send all of the above to firstname.lastname@example.org