The removal of those parts of the collective consciousness that no longer serve you is no easy feat. Take a few moments to be grateful and congratulate yourself. You’ve earned it!
Now the fun can begin. What do you want to replace it with? Which beliefs will serve you in the future?
Here are some suggestions:
- Tune out the media circus. No matter which side you are on, (or even if you are in the middle haha), the news can drive you crazy! I’m not saying to be oblivious per se, but ask yourself how you benefit by being tuned in to the latest crisis or political dramafest.
- Exercise your mind, body, and spirit daily. Demands on your time and energy can be overwhelming. Balance out those energies with daily meditation, and some form of physical exercise.
- Revise your sense of self. At a lower level of consciousness, your sense of self revolved around your ego, and the value you attached to things like background, job status, income, college, etc. Those parts of your background are not without significance, but now you see them in a different light: they were experiences for learning, and while different than others, provided important lessons for you. That’s it. No further attachment is necessary when you realize that who you are, is a spiritual being having a human experience.
- Review and revamp your inner dialogue. Everybody talks to themselves all the time, but sadly, most of that soundtrack is negative information that often blames you when things don’t go as planned. First: observe what triggers that soundtrack and listen carefully to your own message. You will be astonished as to how often that auto-pilot kicks in. Now you can change the recording! It may take some time, but effort is rewarded sooner than you think. To get rid of the old recording, you might even have to shout out loud (for as long as necessary whenever it comes up): “ You have no power over me anymore.” You are not going crazy when you do this…you have to realize that you have been subject to the same self-defeating recording for a long time. Expect to have resistance, but you will overcome this.
- Celebrate your free will. Everyone was granted free will, but so many people don’t even acknowledge that they have it, let alone exercise it when appropriate. Play around with your free will like never before. If something doesn’t feel right, don’t do it! If someone makes a demand or remark that doesn’t resonate, you can confidently just say now: “I’m not comfortable with that!” It is an incredibly freeing feeling to experience your own power in situations that previously made you squirm.
- Watch your thoughts. Thoughts come and go, and there is no reason to try to control them. Try something novel and just watch those thoughts. You will be amazed at how liberating this can be, and this cultivates a kind of detachment you can apply to every area of your life.
- Enjoy the show! Life is truly amazing, provided you don’t get caught up in your own, or other people’s drama. That is the key right there. View your life as a movie, grab some popcorn, and just relax. Dare to connect to the innocence you enjoyed as a child, and all the joy that represented.
- Change your view of the universe. There are so many false platitudes you are exposed to growing up: life is hard, you have to struggle to get ahead, think of yourself all the time, etc. The truth is that the universe is there to sustain you always, if you just allow it.
- Experience courage in daily life. True courage is a rare thing at any time in history, but being courageous today is extra important. Be true to yourself more often, even if it is politically incorrect. Don’t project fear onto others, and don’t allow others to make you afraid. As long as what you say and do is wrapped in love and not malice, you are golden.
- View things as energy interdependent. You were taught to label people and things, to judge them, and to separate yourself from others. Discard that need. Look at your life, and everyone else’s, as connected by energy. Acknowledge that we are all one under the illusion of separateness. This awareness will change every moment of your life for the better.